Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well while i'm in the middle of solving the fuel pressure issue with my one ZR580 using KC's regulator set up. We were riding the other ZR's when coming off a main trail the wifes sled popped and ran like crap. When she pulled up along side of me the sled died. Pulled plugs found it had fouled out so changed plugs and it would start but would go under power. messed with the wiring harness and all of a sudden the way it went. Rode back towards home another 21 miles and ran flawless. Put it in the garage and went out next morning to check it over. Well it won't start at all. messed with it for a while eventually took it to a buddy's well it took a chunk of the ring and snagged an exhaust port and tore the top of the piston off. YEAH! so i'm now in the rebuild mode again this year. Kind of glad there is no snow right now since i'm down to only one sled. This is becoming a yearly process. Ride one day and put new piston and rings in. I've got an 1990 530 EXT El Tigre LC and Carbed that is just sitting in the garage maybe i should ride that next i haven't had to do any work on it yet. I'm feeling kind of cursed.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
My 91 ext 530 is the most reliable sled I've ever seen! Flawless. Minus the afs...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya i traded a kids compound bow for it so i've got less than a $100 in it. I can go out there anytime and in a few pulls it's running. It does need the carbs gone through and a couple of winters ago i let somebody ride it tand they ended up breaking the weld off on the steering post right on top by the bars. Had to weld that break and it's been a fixture in the shop ever since. I love my ZR's they are a total blast to rip around on. Some day i may be able to get through a whole season with out having to rebuild a motor. This last one was a sled that i happened upon on in front of a house in the country. Bought the running sled for $500 used it last winter with only having to rebuild the skid and shocks. So i guess i'm not out that much having to put in a top end.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i must also say i have a 91 ext 530 starts second pull everytime even with 6000+ miles on it!! they are great to have as a back up sled always runs!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts