Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, made a bad mistake last year and ordered a 136 track for my dads 97 classic 500, well went to go put it in this year and found out that i had the 133 skid... now my question is, i have the extra 12 suspension so i have that third set of upper wheels in the back so i really dont want to move all the suspension mounts back so im wondering if theres any way i can maybe buy a 136 from another sled with extra 12 to bolt in.. i started drilling out the rivets for the mount brackets, got a couple out and realized its goign to suck moving everything back after everything. ive heard i could use a big wheel kit but then i called four seasons sports in virginia minnesota, and also mohawks in hibbing minnesota and neither said they had seen it work correctly. any options other than drilling new holes? buying stuff doesnt matter to me, just need to get this done before new years eve.

·
Certified Mechanic
56 Posts
Get the new 136 skid, or extend your old rails out by cutting the other skid the extra lenght you need, then you can bolt on brackets along either side to hold it together. It would probably be faster for you to get the proper length frame.

·
Certified Mechanic
56 Posts
Check it out on the web, search; 136" snowmobile suspentions and see what comes up. You might be able to choose from many different models. You might have to modify the skid a little with either washers for spacers between the tunnel, or even cut a little bit of the arms so they fit. It can be done, and someone will have what your looking for. Check alssnowmobile.com and see what they have, they have never failed me once.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
read this:
133 to 136 - SnoWest Forum

talks about using offset axles for an 8" big wheel kit to move your stock idler wheels back. i do know that some people have enough room on the rear adjusters to fit a 136" track on the 133.5 skid. might want to install and see before you buy anything....:dunno:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Well before I posted I had already installed the track and I bottomed out my adjusters trying to get the wheels back far enough. The axle hit the rear of the skid and I still have lots of slack to work with. I really don't want to go through moving the skid back so I was going to order some wps extensions to make it work. Has anyone ever used these? They are 133 to 136. 141 to 144 or something like that. They looked like they'd work. Any ideas?

·
Certified Mechanic
56 Posts
They work, I installed them on a Yamaha nytro last year. Kinda flimsy feeling until everything is bolted back together. Make sure you put the rear axle assembly and spacers back together in the same order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts