Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PFS-Pray For Snow!!!!!!!!
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about heading up to Alex in mid-January.... Wondering if anyone up there can give me a heads on current conditions? I am imagine that it there isn't much, but there could be a lot of snow days between now and then.

Thanks fellas (...and ladies)

·
Need Snow!!!!!
427 Posts
Thinking about heading up to Alex in mid-January.... Wondering if anyone up there can give me a heads on current conditions? I am imagine that it there isn't much, but there could be a lot of snow days between now and then.

Thanks fellas (...and ladies)
I know there is great fishing, I go there every spring. Have always wondered about the snowmobiling though. Let us know how it is if you go..

·
Registered
244 Posts
there are some nice trails up there. I have a place just past alexandria on lobster lake. Last time i was there( 2+weeks ago) there was not enough snow to ride but that could have changed by now. They update the MN DNR website snow cover every thursday i think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a cabin on Lake Irene in Miltona, MN. I was up there 2 weeks ago when it snowed 5 inches. None of the trails are open yet according to:

DATA - Trail Info & Map

I did a bunch of ditch riding when I was there which wasnt too bad. Ill be going up there next weekend.

·
Registered
33 Posts
As said, the trails aren't officially "open" yet, which so they haven't been groomed at all yet, and are rather rough. there is a good 6-10 inch base most places, depending on how much thye've been ridden and how much wind has affected it over the weekend. Ditches are full and fun after the weekend. By the time you come up in Jan they should be open and ready.

if you need someone to ride with, give me a holler. Always looking for more people to ride with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts