Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mopar crazy
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't even know that there was this part of the forum, I never really searched around that much on here. I don't know if there are any other auto mechanics that use this forum but I'm needing some help. I am a mechanic and I am having problems with my 2001 Dodge Dakota. I've talked to the the guys I work with, tried to get info from Alldata, and one other site my shop uses, and I've tried a dodge forum but I'm still having problems. What I have going on is every once in awhile when I hit the unlock button on my keyfob the alarm will go off. The horn will honk three time then go off. When it first started happening I pulled the horn fuse out for about a week put it back in and it stopped for about 2 weeks. Then after that my alarm would go off every time I unlocked my truck. I got sick of it doing that so I got on that dodge forum and the one guy told that my Central Timing Module (CTM) was probably on its way out. And to try and cut the horn wire to the CTM. The only way to be sure would be to take it to dodge and have them scan it. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem on their dodge or if there are any mechanics that have had this problem and solved it with anything other than a CTM. Any advise would be extremely helpful

·
Mopar crazy
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so. We have a way to test key fobs and mine seems fine

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
There must be something in the alarm system itself that's not shutting off when you press the button. If everything else works, I'd cut the horn wire.

·
Mopar crazy
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^^I have actually tried that and the horn still goes off. I'm tempted to just leave the fuse out and wire my own switch to the horns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts