Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Yamaha Phazer 2
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 phazer 2 with the engine from a SRV540 in it. Since im running dual carbs, It seems like there is no room for a airbox because of the steering column. Does anyone else have this setup in there phazer and if they do, what airbox do you have?

·
Registered
192 Posts
KC, There was a picture if it in the post asking what motor was in this sled. You can see the carb boot on one of the carbs. It looks like the owner before him took of the single carb Y and just put rubber carb boots on the motor. From the half a photo, it also looks like it has slide valve carbs on it.

The SRV came with a single butterfly carb. So, there is not a factory air box that will fit your duel carb setup. You will have to make one, or use non air box filters. That would be better than nothing.

·
Registered
1991 Yamaha Phazer 2
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Close up picture of the carbs I had in my camera roll.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Well one thing I notice is...whoever did the fuel pump stuff on it is wrong...Or am I just seeing things here? That looks to be a single carb fuel pump on it and you need a duel fuel pump like the Mikuni DF52-73

KC?

Or is that some very old duel fuel pump? That whole thing just looks very odd to me.

·
Super Moderator
2,062 Posts
If you remove the single intake, what you leave behind is the reeds!

As for the air box leave the stock and increase the inlet size to fit carbs

·
Registered
1991 Yamaha Phazer 2
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you remove the single intake, what you leave behind is the reeds!

As for the air box leave the stock and increase the inlet size to fit carbs
The thing is I don't have a air box for it hahaha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts