Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, 1997 97 sks 700 Just finished cleaning out the carbs, got the proper sync tool and adjusted it i believe correctly. Now I want to make sure the air screw is adjusted correctly. So from my service manual it says 1 turn on the air screw. So I'm assuming your turn it all the way in and then back out 1 turn. Then in the book it says for elevations above 6000 feet it is 1/2 turn. So is this a half turn more to let more air in or just a half a turn. Thanks. with everyones help on this forum I'm finaly getting this sled dialed.

·
Super Moderator
17,874 Posts
One turn out from lightly seated works pretty well, I rode my 97 RMK at 5000-8000 feet and never did any additional tuning. If it says 1/2 turn, that would be 1/2 turn from lightly seated, which will add more fuel. The SKS may have different needles and jetting, though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan, Yeh this is going to be riden 10,000 to 12,000 + feet. So thiner air. I would think you would add more air to the carbs in higher elevation.

·
Super Moderator
17,874 Posts
I would think that too. Do you have the owner's manual? I see the 1/2 turn out in mine. The high altitude specs listed in the manual are adding fuel with the air jet and with a 55 pilot and a different needle than stock. Interesting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts