Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 600 xpsp. I changed the starter jet to aid it in warming up. It works great now. The problem I noticed is when running around 20-30 mph and even at idle the sled seems to load up a little. would opening the air mixture screw a quarter turn(back) help?

·
Certified Mechanic
56 Posts
Yep, not sure on which direction to turn it, but playing around with the adjustments is how you fine tune your machine. try it a turn one way and see if it helps or makes things worse, then try it the other direction and see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
16,783 Posts
If this is a Mikuni TM carb (rack style) the adjuster on the side of the carb is a fuel screw, not an air screw. Turning in the screw will reduce fuel at idle. To change air to the pilot jet, you have to replace the pilot air jet with a larger air jet. The air jet is accessable with the airbox off and at the intake of the carb. Try turning in the fuel screw adjuster slightly as RSR suggests, but it's likely that you will eventually replace the pilot air jet with the next larger. Polaris seems to have issues with over-fueling at idle on a lot of their sleds (my 06 600 included!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts