Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any info on what years the Agressive style Polaris sleds were made? Just curious. Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
96 too, I have one
Mine is a 96 also and I've seen another 96 XCRSP that looked totally different then mine, kind of like an older model. Wonder what's up?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, the one I saw might have been an XCR. It was white and said "light weight" on it. It didn't have an engine so I couldnt tell if it was the mono or not. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Polaris didn't keep this style very long, was there any problems with them?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
they are heavy, but the are a good trail sled. they can be set-up to handle corners really well, but they are not very good at anything off-trail. they can do it, but they are definatly a heavy muscle sled set-up

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm sure it will be fine for you. It really gets up and goes. The xcrsp and xcr are two totally different sleds. Don't know why they gave them the same name. The xcr sp is a agressive frame with a case reed motor and I think only came in black. Xcr is a wedge frame with a monoblock and is white. Both have very mixed reviews both have been said to have crank baring issues. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was under the impression :dunno: that the motor in my XCRSP is one of the better 600's from Polaris and that crank bearing problems had been ended when they went away from the mono cylinders and started using 3 seperate cylinders. Didn't they address the oiling problem and use larger bearings, at least on the pto side?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts