Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
skidooracer10
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i picked up a 97 indy trail for my father and it needs a muffler its at the shop now getting clutch and head work done to it as we speak but i have looked all over and can not find a aftermarket muffler i was something that sounds good and give me about 9hp just wondering if you guys new what to get and how much looking to spend now more then 250$

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
indy trail, what engine is that? if it's f/c i doubt you'll find much in the way of aftermarket cans. plus i very much doubt you'll find anything that'll give you 9horse, much less 2... i would say just find a used stock muffler from someone parting out a similiar sled...

·
skidooracer10
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 488 f/c i found a dg pipe that fits most of the indy trails but i dont know the model number on the stock one so i can go off of that to find one and i need a aftermaket can for air flow cause of the head work and rejetting it so it'll run better

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
are you looking for a can or pipe? i'm really not sure if they made any for the 488 f/c, and i'm not sure how well a pipe from a 500 will work on yours. a pipe will provide significantly better performance increases than a can. what head work was done on it?

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
i take that back there is a pipe listed on aaen for 425.

·
skidooracer10
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i take that back there is a pipe listed on aaen for 425.
the head it getting shaved .30, and it is getting bored .30 to clean up the walls but i was told im going to need to get a free flowing muffler i know a few people that take stock exhaust and cut them open and take some of the baffle out and gets great sounds and proformance but i cant find stock ones either

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
x2!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts