Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking for some advice on buying my first used sled. The sled is a 2008 Polaris 600 iq shift. Apparently it's in excellent condition and it has 2600 miles. The price is $4,800 CAD OBO. I just wanna know if the 08 Polaris 600 IQ shift is a good sled or not and if the price sounds right. Thanks, much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Good snowmobile but 4,800 is crazy for that snowmobile. Even with only 2,600 miles even if he has upgraded the reeds and exhaust which I don't recommend doing aftermarket exhaust because of DNR and the issues with noise but that is a whole other talk,lol. That is crazy, sorry just my honest opinion. He thinks it is worth gold and it isn't. Give you an example...Recently a DEALER had a 2013 Polaris 600 with 3,000 miles and sold it for 2,999 US. And that was the asking price and it went for that out the door to someone I know.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Within Canada, sleds/ATVs are most often much more expensive (compared to some USA regions). For pricing for your specific region, best to compare same year/make/model against this one. Some Canadian folks like using Kijiji - Buy, Sell & Save with Canada's #1 Local Classifieds for buying searches.

And I agree about after market upgrades. Reed and muffler upgrades makes me think the current driver is a "hot rodder" and upgraded it for a reason.... re: To pound the snot out of it. OFSC likes factory muffler sounds the best as well...

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Reed upgrades are a good thing, exhaust pipe or can is not a good thing with the DNR or w/e they call it up there. Plus people who allow snowmobile trails to go through their property do not like them either. Here in Wisconsin there was 4 owners who closed their properties because of people running pipes. Even the DNR had people pulled over because of it and I heard one guy say to him. I can do whatever I want it is my snowmobile and you can't control those who want to upgrade. DNR cop told him flat out you continue to use that pipe and the next time I see you that snowmobile will be confiscated until you come to get it after paying a very hefty fine. And they can do that here legally and I have no issues with them doing it.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Looking at our local listings...

$3500 with a trailer!!

2011 for $3700

But then you have the crack smokers that think they have silver:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
My current ride is a '97 Indy 500 and has 1,850 miles or so and is in just about mint condition. They have gone for around 1,400-1,700 here but they must have the upgraded rear rear fox shock along with a spare belt and plastic skis & MUST be in the middle of winter with a bunch of snow down. But a '95 XLT 580 for 1,400 with a crap suspension is around well during the winter 1,000-1,200 snowmobile here and that depends on if you want a 133.5 track and most here don't. We are all trails here so it very very rare to see a paddle track or a track longer then 121" or w/e they have close to it on other snowmobiles now. Just isn't used here not with no mountains or boon-docking to be had.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yup. Stock pipes are wanted on OFSC trails on well. Yes. Sleds in many Canada regions are more expensive then USA. Notice the flag of the OP?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Yes I know that. Doesn't excuse that price at all. That is beyond ridiculous even for Canada have a couple friends up there and we were talking about it and they agreed. That guy must think it is gold he is selling. Alaska has higher prices as well sometimes iirc. Had another friend stationed at Eielson there who snowmobiled right onto the base and he said he paid 10-20% higher for the same snowmobile he could have bought in the lower 48.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Well, that and people still think we're not part of the USA. We get the "Doesn't ship to Alaska" a lot. Always thought a good business to have in Seattle (for example) would be "ship to Alaska" with web sites for "Ship to Puerto Rico" and "Ship to Hawaii" also included.

One example, I've been trying to buy a battery for a laptop and just about every site is saying "can't ship to Alaska"

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
What do you need Bear? I would be willing to have it shipped to me and then up to you if you want granted I am in Wisconsin so it might take a few extra days but the post office is right across the street from my house.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Thanks, I may take you up on that. I was going to talk to a local battery supplier to see if they can get it. I have a good friend that works at the shop.
It is just a battery for a Lenovo laptop. X240, it has three batteries, one the CMOS battery, and then an internal main battery and external battery. 45N1108 internal.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Go for it those laptop batteries a lot of them are the same bloody ones even some makers use the same ones. Last 2 I bought cost me 30 bucks total for both of them and they are 9 cell 7800 MAH batteries vs 40-50 for one from OEM,lol.

Yeah just let me know glad to help, shouldn't be too bad for me to reship it from Northern Wisconsin I would think. And yep they have a CMOS battery which is just a watch battery then sometimes a internal and then the external all depends on the maker.

Btw not even Amazon will ship there?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts