Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am generally new to snowmobiling. it has been sitting on my grandmothers farm uncovered for the past 10 to 15 years. I have been doing some research but wouldnt mind if someone could make a list of things that i might have to do and definitly will have to do. Some of the first things i can think of would be the fuel lines and the gas tank from rusting.

i am planning on getting into the world of snowmobiling and i want to start off by attempting this project to get familiar with what i will be working with. i plan on buying a new sled once i get tired of riding the panther and can afford it.

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
I'd love to find me something like that, start by pulling the plugs put a couple ounces of 2 stroke oil in the cylinders and let it sit an hour or so and then pull it over, drain the tank, replace the fuel lines and filter then pull the carb and clean it, fresh gas and new plugs and try it out! if it's been sitting that long the seals are probably dryed out and you will need to tear down the plant

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
appreciate that. It was my dads, we use to run it every winter when i was a kid and keep it in a garage but some way along the line we left it out in the elements and it stayed there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts