Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a F5 sno pro (2003). Need to know what the measurement is for the power valves. When you take off the 2 bolts holding the retainer on the top of the power valves and pull on the cable (which fully opens the power valve) what is the proper amount of cable that should appear (in mm please).

I was told by a dealer that it should be 34.5 mm. Mine are about 24mm (measuring from the top of the flange to the bottom of the retainer).

Does anyone know for sure.

Thanks

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
The service manual says 34.5mm or 1.35in with a tolerance of .5mm or .020in, but I have a 2004 model manual. are you sure you have the cables all the way out and are messuring them right , that is way to short. does the sled run right? you are not sappose to measure the retainer just the ammount of cable.

·
Registered
170 Posts
tdc6 said:
Have a F5 sno pro (2003). Need to know what the measurement is for the power valves. When you take off the 2 bolts holding the retainer on the top of the power valves and pull on the cable (which fully opens the power valve) what is the proper amount of cable that should appear (in mm please).

I was told by a dealer that it should be 34.5 mm. Mine are about 24mm (measuring from the top of the flange to the bottom of the retainer).

Does anyone know for sure.

Thanks

You have to measure the amount of exposed cable at the end that attaches to the servo motor. Everything, including the specs, is listed in your owners manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts