Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Daniel
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 98 ZR 600 with the fox adjustable suspension. Im a heavier guy so i keep bottoming the rear out, im not to sure exactly how to use the knob infront of the handle bars, and when i try to turn it it doesnt move.... Can someone give me some instruction on how to make my suspension stiffer?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
the adjuster doesn't compensate for weight, you need to use your spring settings for that. (there is an adjuster block in the rear of the skid that should be turned to its hardest setting, if it is already then you need heavier springs)

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Get a set of Sno Pro springs to start with! and have your shocks rebuilt. I use Ed Ingram in Padock Lake, Wi.

·
Registered
137 Posts
the adjuster doesn't compensate for weight, you need to use your spring settings for that. (there is an adjuster block in the rear of the skid that should be turned to its hardest setting, if it is already then you need heavier springs)
To elaborate, there are 2 of them, 1 on each side. They are triangle looking things with a spring arm laying on one side. Use your spark plug wrench and turn it so the thicker side is on the spring. that will be your highest setting without changing springs. If that is not enough you need to get stiffer springs. As KC said Snow Pro springs would be alot stiffer and may be a good option.

The adjuster on the handlebars is your Limiter Adjuster. What that does (if it doesn't need rebuilding) is it can increase and decrease pressure on and off your ski's. so if you find yourself darting alot on a trail, you adjust it to put more pressure on your ski's to give your carbides a better bite.

If you have Fox I assume you have clickers on the front under the fender for your front shocks. They have 8 positions for each shock, that sets the stiffness and dampening of the shock.

Hope that helps you understand the adjustability you have with the fox set.

Regards,

Jess

1 - 4 of 4 Posts