Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is not idling high enough and when i try to adjust them it doesn't stay running. And at like a steady 30 or 40 mph it seem like it want to take off like a rocket. That i don't think is the carbs that seems like the fuel pumps not acting right but i could be wrong

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
If it wants to take off like a rocket then it's not the fuel pump. The carbs are probably dirty. Try cleaning them first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mukini's have slow speed or idle jets, which work from idle to slow speed, then the main jets take over from there. If your not idling high enough, there are idle adjustments to lift the slides just a little to bring the idle speed up, or, maybe clean the idle jets!! My sled likes to leave varnish in the idle jets which makes starting them up in the winter a bit of a challange.

Sounds like the carbs are dirty. Look at the idle jets or adjust the idle speed!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
yeah, my sled was running kind of funky, and the carbs didnt look too bad, but after we cleaned them it made a huge difference.

although, my problem was bogging during whole shots (only reason the 600 beat my 500:mad: ), but im sure it'll help you out too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts