Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to take the suspension system out of a 2006 mxz 600, custom built and I'm quite positive it isn't a stock mxz suspension system. Went to loosen the track adjuster bolts and they would not budge. Even with an impact gun, they would not move and ended up snapping one of the bolts. Is this a normal problem with this certain suspension system? Pulled many suspensions out before and never had this issue. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
1st thing never use an impact on that stuff. 2nd use some Aerokroil or something similar to soak into them to help get them loose. I usually have to spray them a couple hours at least before I try to mess with them. Those bolts even on other sleds are known to rust up or have issues when you try to adjust them. As far as the rest of it BearAk knows Ski-Doos hopefully he will be around to help with any other questions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They usually move with a ratchet I know, but I ran out of options. I lubricated them as well, but still nothing. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Sometimes a little butane torch will work to help as well. I've done that in the past also. Also I know on mine there is a another part I have to get loose before I move the bolts. But I don't know much about Ski-Doo sleds other then the obvious stuff,lol. Send TheBearAk a direct message he should get a email notification about a DM. Also pictures of the area you are talking about will help as well for others who work and know Ski-Doos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes a little butane torch will work to help as well. I've done that in the past also. Also I know on mine there is a another part I have to get loose before I move the bolts. But I don't know much about Ski-Doo sleds other then the obvious stuff,lol. Send TheBearAk a direct message he should get a email notification about a DM. Also pictures of the area you are talking about will help as well for others who work and know Ski-Doos.
I sent him/her a message thank you. I had my butane torch on it has well. The bolt threads into an aluminum block with is bolted to the rail. I haven't touched those bolts because I figured it wouldn't help the issue, all they do is secure that block to the rail. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts