Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Where are the wheels?
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a newly acquired XC 600. No reverse, but I read/hear it's a factory option. What's involved to add it? I have a friend who works at a polaris dealer if going factory gear is the best route. Curious how hard it is to add, Polaris stuff vs. generic, etc. Anyone with any input on this, I'd love to hear from you. Hook a newbie up with a little know-how, please?!

In case you didn't read my earlier posts, these are my qualifications:

-I race MX
-I roadrace motorcycles
-I am an avid boater
-I wrench all my own stuff, from rebuilds to carbs.

I'm no pro mechanic, but I wrench my own race motorcycle and then trust it with a knee down @ 100MPH. I figure if I can do that, I can add reverse?

I have a factory Polaris shop manual for the sled, thing is about 2" thick. Any input at all, please throw it at me.

thanks,

-ddk

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
its going to depend on the year of your sled.... if its a fairly new model you may be able to do elec. reverse. mechanical reverse is the more common option, and the only option on older sleds. basically you just pull your chaincase cover and install a new gear set and some brackets, etc. i put reverse in my old formula in a couple of hours. if you can turn a wrench and pay attention to detail, you can add mechanical reverse. what year is your sled? your best option will be to find a take-off kit forsale, best place to start is probably ebay.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts