Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that they are putting the ACT Diamond Drive onto all the firecats this year and was just wondering how well that system works..... I know that they had them on the ZR900's last year but havent really heard anything about the system itself.. feel free to read my other posts about the firecats also cause I got quite a few questions about the new sleds since i am use to riding olders sleds like my last sled which was a 1988 Arctic Cat El Tigre 5000... also got a 1969 Arctic Cat Panther with a Hirth 493 engine in it..... thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Out of 17 04 ZR 900s with the DD my dealer sold none of them had any problems or failures to the system. There were reports of the 04's beign slower on top end then the 03's but Cat has done some work with the Diamond Drive and hopefully that'll be cured for 05. The only downsides to the DD is that there is no reverse option and the gearing choices are still low.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
As long as they have the reliability issues worked, I'm all for DD - it's lighter :D

My dealer told me DD would only be on sno pro's :)

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
I haven't got to drive a sled with DD yet but i am really interested in it, a friend near here had one and didn't seem to have any complaints. And really, is it that big of deal on a 900 if you lose some top end :p I think it is worth the claimed weight savings. I think its a good thing ne ways, its a $2000 + aftermarket kit so it must be worth something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts