Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI i am french and i never had a ski doo in my life ,i am interested this year to buy one and i went on internet and i find the Legend 1000 4 stroke 2005 , i like to know if this machine is good and i like to know if she got any problems Thank you verry much for your answer my name is Jean marc

·
Registered
107 Posts
Jm haven't heard to much information on this snowmobile from any owners,which would lead me to believe that not to many were sold.But that dosen't mean that the snowmobile isn't anygood,if you are the sport touring type(mostly trail & lake)you will do just fine.4-stroke motors are very reliable and nearly indestructable,not to mention cheap to operate.If you are the kind of guy who likes a little performance you can go with either the Arctic Cat 660 turbo or Yamahas Rage,Vector,or the RX1.Either way I believe that all the above mentioned snowmobiles would fit a consumers 4-stroke needs.:)

Good Luck Jean Marc

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Jm haven't heard to much information on this snowmobile from any owners,which would lead me to believe that not to many were sold.

They just came out this year, I think that's why we haven't heard much. The engine is based on the 4 stroke used in the Ski Doo Elite, which came out in '03.

·
Registered
107 Posts
V-1000

Smallengineguy I am sure that the V-1000 was introduced at the same time or shortly there after,the AC 660T and RX1.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Re: V-1000

rightarm said:
Smallengineguy I am sure that the V-1000 was introduced at the same time or shortly there after,the AC 660T and RX1.
Sorry, Yamaha...I meant 03/04 season by "this year". I guess I need to remember this year is now 04/05!!:D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Haven't heard much on them either except they are more for touring, good on gas but low on power. Nothing like Yamaha 4 stroke power. Believe once you get up to cruising speed they're ok,but not much low end power

·
Registered
467 Posts
I think 03 was the first yr. when I picked up my 03 rev, the dealer was waiting for 1 1000. it was slated to arrive mid jan. so he told doo to keep it. thats why not many 03's out. have never seen one in person so they are that popular LOL. even though I hate cat the 660 turbo is interesting to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello....I am very new to this forum and am trying to decide what sled to buy. Like JM I am considering the Legend 1000 Se for two up. I am also considering the Yamaha RS Venture. The Cat T 660 did not feel very comfortable when I sat on it. The seat seemed overyly firm. I'm going to try and find a RS Venture tomorrow. A Cat dealer is trying to convince me that the seat will "break in and feel softer in a couple of months". I wonder about that. My wife and I are looking to buy what will be a first sled for both of us. We are wanting comfort and not necessarily speed but we do want to be able to keep up with other riders if we go out with others etc. Mostly for touring. We live very close to a vast net of trails in Maine. I would appreciate some tips if anyone would care to reccommend a good sled. By the way my wife has chemical sensitivities so we need to limit ourselves to four stroke models. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I purchased a 2003 Ski-Doo Legend GT V-1000 2-up last November. For touring on the trails of Maine the sled is great. Nice handling, great ride and fantastic fuel efficiency (23 mpg on the trail).

The sled has great torque and is fast off the block. It is also extremely quiet, but the top end speed is only ~82-85 mph. So if you are someone that wants to cross the lake at 100+ mph this is not the sled for you.

For my needs this is a great sled. In fact, I just purchased another one tonight for my wife and kids (2003 Ski-Doo Legend Sport 1-up leftover). This is perfect for me since I will only need to inventory one set of parts (belt, plugs, etc.).

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts