Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Cat Shed today to do a bit of repair on the Bombardier track. We have about 10" of fluff, just perfect to do a bit of trail riding The dealers LOVE this early snow, they stock up on A-arms and trailing arms and ski spindles big time ;) More snow is expected tonight and tomorrow, we may be grooming soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
Around 12-16 inches predicted here. But legally no one can ride till Dec 15th due to hunting season. Gun season ends tomorrow night at dusk but we still have block powder season till the 15th. It is unusual to get this much snow all at once this early in the season here but trust me none of the people who enjoy winter are complaining!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Just 15 miles west of me they got 15" of snow. We got a dusting, maybe 3". Down south of here (300 miles) they got 46" in 12 hours.

We're up to around 16" here, but it is all the light fluffy stuff with no base. Skis go right to the ground in some areas.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Got home from my So Cal trip to 6" on the ground at the house in SW Utah. 4 feet of snow in the mountains about 20 miles from the house. Going up to day and check it out!

·
Super Moderator
16,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's hard to resist that deep snow, but when it's fluffy like that... I can. My pocketbook thanks me! :D

4 feet should be rideable... if there is any base to it at all...

Gotta like an early season... now if it will just stay cold!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
We got a lot down in the mountain areas and the passes. Up to 6' fresh stuff in some places. No base to it, 174" mountain sleds were getting stuck hard. Skandic SWT was the rescue machine, it was able to get around just fine. I wasn't there, I'm just hearing this second hand. 12 people went, only one never got stuck... SWT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts