Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to throw a few pics up of our most recent trip to Michigan on March 8 - 10. We (Dano, Frntflp, 3 other friends, and I) all had a great time. Saturday was a tough day for a few of the guys as they had some sled related issues. I myself lost a suspesion bolt and had to limp back to the cabin for a short bit... but was able to fix it and get back out on the trails.

The trails were a lot of gun, and in my opinion, there is probably at least a 16" base on the trails and upwards of 3 feet in the woods. Not lots by Michigan standards, but regardless the trails were in good shape and a ton of fun to ride. Rock on. :D

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cabin. It was real nice. Slept 6 of us real nice. Was right on the sled trial and lake Gogebic... and close to the polaris dealer. :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh.... did I mention there was snow. ;) In the woods we found plenty of snow to get burried in.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There were a lot of sleds in Bergland, but apparently most of them just ride from restaurant to bar to restaurant because we didn't see many on the trails.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One last pic.... until a couple more weeks. We are going to be heading to Wyoming this weekend!

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Them are some sweet pics you got there, especially the first one. Where exactly in Michigan is that? Got to be the UP! The lower penninsula is just about melted away. I'm soooo pist!!!! Some friends and I are going to blindly head to the UP this weekend with no lodging reservations and no specific destination, We're just gonna drive till we find the most snow and probably end up sleeping in the trailer, if we sleep at all. I NEED TO DO SOME MORE RIDING!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone happens to have any trail maps of the eastern UP that locate trail heads could you please post them on the site? Thanks!

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JimmyV said:
Them are some sweet pics you got there, especially the first one. Where exactly in Michigan is that? Got to be the UP! The lower penninsula is just about melted away. I'm soooo pist!!!! Some friends and I are going to blindly head to the UP this weekend with no lodging reservations and no specific destination, We're just gonna drive till we find the most snow and probably end up sleeping in the trailer, if we sleep at all. I NEED TO DO SOME MORE RIDING!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone happens to have any trail maps of the eastern UP that locate trail heads could you please post them on the site? Thanks!
Those pics are from Bergland in the Upper Peninsula. I would recommend you try riding there. Its about 50 miles east of the Wisconsin / Michigan border. The trails were in good shape and there was plenty of snow to go around.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks like fun! I hear the trails are great in that area. The furthest west I have been is Sceney.

Jimmy V- You don't have to go too far to find snow. The trails are perfect here in Traverse City. I just went out yesterday down to Honor and then to Kaleva and back. Trail maps are easy to find at any gas station in the area you want to ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts