Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experiences with these sleds? Looking at picking up one with 1800 miles, studded with a clutch kit. Stock other then that. Does 1400 sound liek a good deal for one of these? Any things to look out for?

·
Registered
244 Posts
sounds like a pretty good deal to me from what I have seen on craigslist this year. Never had a zr so i can't say too much about the sled or what its issues might be. I would jsut check for the normal stuff. Compression and abnormal wear.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That sounds like a good deal on its face. I have a 98 ZR 600 EFI and it's a decent sled. Zero repairs so far but i'm just getting to the 2000 mile mark on it so it's just starting to get used. The ZR platform in general is well respected. I wouldn't buy one without EFI or reverse no matter the price. I'm just talking out loud here but I seem to recall the ZR 700 was a lemon though. Do some research and see what you find. Maybe someone else will pipe in but if my hazy recollection is correct you don't want a lemon of a model. I know one of the larger motor ZR's was a dud.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I figured someone on here would know something about these models. I just sold a 95 Ski-doo Mach 1 670 and was wanting to upgrade to something with better suspension but not sacrifice power. Not sure if these 700 AC's cant hang with or beat the good ole Rotax. I checked it out tonight and looked pretty good, other then the right side running board was bent down a little bit, perhaps from coming down hard on a jump? I'm debating on trying out an arctic cat or just sticking with the ski-doo and get a newer MXZ 700-800 or a Mach Z with the better suspension

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I have over 6000 miles on my 98 Zr 600. Love it. 700 barely had anymore horse power. 700 or 900 had a few more problems than other zr's. Don't remember which.

·
Registered
26,127 Posts
The 700 is the old Wild Cat semi piston port motor! The 99 600 was like 105hp and the 700 110! The ZR900 is bullet proof!
That 99 ZR700 ian't a bad sled but the 600 would be worth more! I'd say it's worth 1000 if in really nice shape.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah it's hard to believe that a 99 is 12 years old now and that they are worth so little. Take a look at this link. It's for the new generation 1998 Arctic Cats but I'm sure most of it applies to 1999 models. 1998 Arctic Cat Snowmobiles I don't know the website at all but they really raved about the Cats of this vintage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts