Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced fuel pump and primed it but sled won’t start it will run for a couple seconds if I put gas in plugs can’t figure it out any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It seams I’m not getting any voltage to the injectors on a multi meter when I pull the sled over what can issue be? The trigger coil ohms out at 108 I’ve read should be 101 and 190 not sure which is right

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything else checks out and when I unplug injectors the light is brighter on back of ecu

·
Registered
26,387 Posts
Welcome
Remove fuel line from clutch side and cycle pump see how much comes out
Remember the first pull primes a capacitor to run fuel pump second pull!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did and same amount comes out when I pull sled over I got a ecu from eBay for $40 so waiting on that to see if it’s my problem I’ll keep posted

·
Registered
345 Posts
Try cleaning the fuel injectors. I have a 04 500 and if I do not start it every few months, it will not start no mater what I do. Fuel down the cylinders and it would run until the fuel was gone. Priming the pump, pulling fuel lines to make sure there was fuel to the rail, nothing until I did this. I pulled the injectors, applied 12V to it so it would open and sprayed carb cleaner through the injector. Put them back in and the sled started right up.

The sled was stored with non ethanol fuel with stabilizer like I do with all my sleds. The injectors still would not work until I cleaned them.

Just something else to try.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok will try that but I’m not getting any power to the injectors when I pull the sled over

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cleaned injectors still no start I guess I’ll have to wait for the ecu and hopefully it will be the problem

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if I put 12v to the injectors and pull the sled over they will spit fuel but only with power applied not when plugged in to ecu

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
messed with more last night and now I get fuel through injectors but still won’t start but will start if I put fuel in plugs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok put fresh gas in no start gas in plug hole runs until gone put in new computer no start sprayed carb cleaner in air box started and runs so don’t know what fixed it but I’m happy it runs lol thank you everyone for all the help it’s greatly appreciated

1 - 20 of 25 Posts