Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have followed a few threads which have been hugely helpful. I have 99 zl 600 efi with no spark. I am testing the ohms and got 40 between the black and green wires which seems to be within specs, but am only registering 18 ohms between the green and brown wires which makes me question my meter. Is it really possible to read that low when specs should be 450? Any help would be greatly appreciated before I buy a new stator when I should have purchased a new meter.

Dave

·
Registered
137 Posts
Don't buy a new stator! Send it to Blaine and have it fixed! He does wonders with them! And offers a better warranty then new ones come with! it is possible you have a shorted wire which could cause a low reading I think. Best thing for you to do, is borrow a friends meter and check it. Make sure u use a digital because dial'd ones are not accurate enough. That would tell you if your meter is bad. You can pick up digitals real reasonable now. You should be getting the following readings...
Green/Black - 45 Ohms
Green/Brown - 450 Ohms
Black/Brown - 490-500 Ohms

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Borrowing meter

Thanks. I am going to borrow one now. I am need this running by Thursday. Do you know if Brian has any stock or does he just repair mine?
Dave

·
Registered
137 Posts
Blaine might have one in stock you would have to check with him, otherwise he needs to fix yours and thats all a time frame.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thanks for teh reference guys. I don't have one on the shelf right now..for some reason some guys like to buy one off the shelf and not send me theirs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts