Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a bad crank in my engine. Guy working on it said if it were him he would just swa in a 500 twin. Said it's a better engine and a straight away swap. Does it all the time. Said if I could find a good one, he would swap it out for $75.

So, does this sound right to you? And, if it does, what years will swap directly into the 99 chassis? Thanks for any help.

James

·
Registered
328 Posts
i coujld of swore that the belly pan had different mounting for triples and twins, som guy was on here a week or two ago trying to put a 700twin into a triple or something like that and they were different. but if he believes he can do it with the nessecary modification pretty much anyy 500 will do, the plates are all the same, except for the xc's. in my opinion your way better off fixin your xlt engine or replacing it

·
Registered
83 Posts
the only way a twin motor will fit into a triple bulkhead with triple motor mounting brackets is either A. have a custom plate (maybe somewhere out there makes them but i have never seen it) made that has the holes the correct width for the twin case but is wide enough for the tripple mounts or B. cut the mounts from the bulkhead and re weld them to the specs. of the twin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts