Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1999 polaris xc sp 700 and i just rebuilt the motor but it is bored 2nd over which is a millimeter over on each cylinder...so it is 82mm bore i am planning to put on a bowtie style slp boost bottle and i assume i have stock jets already i was wondering if i had to put bigger jets in since i have 1mm over cylinders?and if i have to put bigger jets in because of the boost bottle? what r the stock jet sizes and what size should i get for the over bore and boost bottle combo...btw i have stock pipe and everything else..

thanks, jon

·
Registered
25 Posts
polaris runs there sleds rich out of the box boost bottles dont really do anything notcable yur money if it makes u happy.. if i were you id put a yellow epi spring 1062 weights exhaust change yur top gear to a 21 tooth i think its 23. and bring yur main jet down to 400s or 380s i think you got 430s ride it how u have it check yur plugs and see what they look like.. my 600 passes 800s remember once you do something u need to compinsate you dont need to change anything if you dont want but id atleast run it see yur plugs..i would drop yur main jet and maybe even raise yur clip 1 on the needle you want it running crisp not doggy u want ping ping not blah blah lol o and make sure you break that sucker in depending how u had it honed its probably has 60degree 40 60 90 40- breaks in real slow 60 breaks in alittle faster and 90 is for like race appliactions when you need it broke in,in two laps you probably got 60 which is good just be easy and not to wot allthe time untill u put like 100 miles on her take er easy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i got the cylinders rebore and then nikasil plateed and i washed the cylinders in warm soapy water as the instructions said to do i also idled the sled for 10-15 min as the instructions said to do and i drove it nice an easy so far ( 20 miles) but made sure to keep her cleaned out and crackling the plugs arent golden brown there more like a dry matte black and she smoke a good amount but never loads and so far she starts first pull no matter what and there no popping or bog or any type of stumbleing...so i really dont want to change the jets if i dont have too and i got the bottle for free i just thought that if its free then why not try it... but i have wanted to do some clutching i have an aaen performance orange spring in the primary which is pretty much the same as stock but my wheights are shot and i need to replace ne ways so i would like more info on clutching but i dont really want to change the rpm the clutch engages i more want to change the secondary and how hard and quick it shifts i was looking at full progessive helixes but dont know what degree to get and where to find clutch wheights for the primary also?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
polaris runs there sleds rich out of the box boost bottles dont really do anything notcable yur money if it makes u happy.. if i were you id put a yellow epi spring 1062 weights exhaust change yur top gear to a 21 tooth i think its 23. and bring yur main jet down to 400s or 380s i think you got 430s ride it how u have it check yur plugs and see what they look like.. my 600 passes 800s remember once you do something u need to compinsate you dont need to change anything if you dont want but id atleast run it see yur plugs..i would drop yur main jet and maybe even raise yur clip 1 on the needle you want it running crisp not doggy u want ping ping not blah blah lol o and make sure you break that sucker in depending how u had it honed its probably has 60degree 40 60 90 40- breaks in real slow 60 breaks in alittle faster and 90 is for like race appliactions when you need it broke in,in two laps you probably got 60 which is good just be easy and not to wot allthe time untill u put like 100 miles on her take er easy
woah...........................................................<<< all those periods are for the ones you forgot to use... and 430 jets? if the 99s still use keihn carbs which i believe they do that jet size you quoted is WAAAY off. I just jetted my 98 600 twin today and stock jet sizes were 182s and I put 195s in it for the aftermarket pipe. Im not trying to be a dickhead but can you HONESTLY expect someone to take that ^^^^ as valid advice?!?! :confused:

and to the original poster, if you said the plugs arent running on the lean side just ride it a bit, Im assuming your running a little premix in the fuel as well for break in so you wont get a good reading from your plugs yet anyways. put some nice easy miles on first then go out and do some plug chops. Wide open throttle for a good stretch across a field or something then hit the kill switch, pull a plug and check for color. if they arent danger lean lookin I would keep stock jets. you will just have to check up on your plugs often at first!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
soory for the periods lol yeah 430 sounded off im not runnng ne premix inthe gas i didnt even think of that. i havent done the chops yet i want to break her in a little more the last time i rode it i held her open just enough to let the clutchs shift out on a hard pack road(105mph) but i hear polaris speedos r off:/ so whoo knows ..i didnt shut her off right away to check plugs but i did check when i got home but that isnt a good time to look ill check the plugs in a few more miles and when the snow comes back (rain) i think shes running fine with the stock jets but ill update on plug color and i was looking for good clutch spring and weight combos an helix and spring combos any ideas?? i have a AAS11054 Orange (120 Eng. Pre-Load Lbs.) (290 Full Shift Lbs.) (127 Rate lbs./in) i dont know clutch numbers and helix degrees and stuff im looking for a good combo to use for my near stock sled at low alt. and should i use boost bottle or no?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
boost bottles dont help power, they improve throttle response and crispness. supposedly. I do not have them on my 600 so I cant tell ya, but I have heard they do help some and more with the addition of SLP flow-rites. in order to install theboost bottle you will have to either drill out the top of your carb boots where its plugged or get other ones which arent plugged. not sure which route guys choose for that. And honestly I dont know enough about clutch combos to be of much help on that. its the one area on the sled I havent gotten deep enough into to find out.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
And honestly I dont know enough about clutch combos to be of much help on that.
:dunno:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
thanks dude! search my username in youtube to see it in action!

·
Registered
25 Posts
sorry im thinking of and early model. correct abotu the boost bootle it balances your carbs better and provides better throttle response and little crisper
what i did for my sled which is 2001 600 edge x
yellow epi spring(primary)-25bucks
1062 weights 40-ebay
i used my friends secondary clutch which had a blue progressive spring im not sure the weight 50/36 or something of that nature
changes my top gear to a 21tooth-55 to compensate the 1062 weights
put a snow stuff can and did a little jeting 380-6 main 45 pilot raised needle clip one postion i also have 400 main jets. so for 125 bucks you make a huge improvement im not sure about yur jetting, gearing and yur stock weights in yur clutch my stock gear was a 23tooth and my weights were 1058 and its a red spring i believe.if this helps any..
you can use yur stock primary i jus had this at my convience and i dont think you have ves but nesseceraly it wouldnt matter becasue you can take my engine that has them and block them off if you utimatley wanted to. for some reason or another..that kits probably 250 might save you some thinking and playing and tuning but im a motor head and love tweeking things so depends what yur looking for and what u want

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
swiiiiiiiing ana miss!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts