Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have an 99 xc 700 the bottom end was completly rebuilt in the summer new seals con rod bearings the works went north for a ride the guy who did the work forgot to put a hose clamp on the rad line to the thermostat the line blow off 2 mintes after the ride started the motor didnot over heat but it spit coolent everywhere after puting a clamp on and refilling the rad it started and ran like s---. It was like it was runing on one cylnder shut it of tryed to start it later. Now it has now spark took the coil/cdi pack inside and let it dry for days it still has no spark the sled has been in my heated shop for 4 days no spark, you can swamp a sled drain the water and it will start I unpluged the black wire coming out of the stater to eliminate the wirering for the kill switch and key still no spark have I overlooked anything or has this happened to anyone else any help would be great. the electrical parts are expensive as was the bottom end rebuild. I love the sled but dont want to spend alot more money on it. I bought a 1997 mxz 583 for 1000 to ride in the meantime

·
Registered
25 Posts
check stator

make sure stator,coil,plugs anything that has to do with ignition switches saftys switches, grounds. losen connections plug them back in make sure yur coil is grounded and good if applicable. rectifier..etc otherwize i dont have any idea just my .2cents

1 - 2 of 2 Posts