Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for suggestions on where to buy aftermarket parts. I really cant seem to find any places that sells stuff for these GEN II sleds. Id like to get some hand guards, possibly a new set of bars and skid plate, Just stuff like that. Are there any companies that specialize in aftermarket parts for older sleds?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
SLP still sells that stuff as well. AAEN has some parts but not much been awhile since I looked at their website, MFG Supply, Parts Unlimited is a great place to look as their catalog is HUGE. And you can look at it online take the part numbers and search. I also keep all my catalogs for the last 20+ years as sometimes a part I want isn't made BUT people still sell them under the part number on eBay and other places.

·
Registered
26,457 Posts
I get mine from the Swap meets where you can meet the people who develop the items
I spoke with Simmons way before he was CRP I asked alot of questions!
Same with Greg Goodwin, meet him at Grays Lake 30+ years ago, Lots of information!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've done a ton of searching...i can't find hardly anything but stock plugs and belts and little stuff. Everyone keeps telling me they make a lot of aftermarket parts for these 700 non ves motors. I can't find jack. I e literally searched for an hour to find SLP Power packs people keep talking about. Still cant find. Does anyone who has bought performance and cosmetic products for this sled have any actually links or something?.... help plz

·
Administrator
18,622 Posts
You wont' find much stuff new for a sled older than 10 years old. The older the sled gets, the less likely there will be things for sale, as the market is pretty slim.

Does your sled have Keihin carbs? The SLP Power Packs helped those carbs with a low end "burble". Adding a boost bottle also was a performance upgrade. I had a set of twin PSI pipes on my 97, they made that sled a rocket. But you won't find those new anymore either. (I still have those pipes up in the attic.)

If you have the Keihin carbs, one thing to try is to upgrade to a rack set of Mikuni 40mm carbs. They came stock on the 2001 and you can jet to that spec. I had issues with the water trap on one of the carbs hitting the steering column, but cutting the hose to nothing pretty much solved that. Some guys that did that upgrade had the steering column dislodge the carbs from the engine, so if you try that, make sure it works before getting on the snow!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea.. Keihn carbs pwk39 i believe. Its got a boost bottle. its a black plastic square one,,,not the weird shaped one i usually see. its got a stock pipe with crappy old DG can....I hate it...its annoying loud. Ive been trying to find a set of twin pipes but so damn expensive. its crazy, i was gonna put a stock silencer but those expensive used too...grrr.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
OEM Exhaust can is not that expensive. Same one used for many years on the 600-700s. Very easy to clean up then use some High Temp Engine paint and good to go.

NIP SLP Boost Bottles are out there as well

Ski Plates are out there as well

And Parts Unlimited still sells a ton of aftermarket Snowmobile parts for many years. SLP Power Packs however have been hard to get the past few years.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Also contact SLP ask them for the part number if they still have one and then you can use that to constantly look around for the right set.

Also I remember hearing about using different needles for those back in the day vs using the power packs. This came up in a search on a bunch of places 1371G needles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts