Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at picking up a 1999 SXR 700 triple.
Been well looked after. Has 120 PSI in each of the cylinders with 5000 miles on it. All original parts, needs a new track though. Said he'd take 2200 for it.
I was just wondering for those that have owned one if it was a worthwhile sled to get. From what I have been reading they seem reliable.

Any help?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a 01 srx 700 and I wish I never sold it. The only bad things about the sleds are that they are heavy and the suspension travel sucks. Mine had 2,800 miles when I got mine and I paid $2900 and it was flawless. I would try and get it a few bucks cheaper since you will have to drop $$$ for a track. Just my .02:) Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I'm in Canada so the prices here are a little higher then the USA. I've heard the 98's had crank problems and wasn't sure how the 99's were.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know the 02 were the fastest and had a little more power than the 01, as far as the 99 i'm not to sure weather they had problems with the motors or not, I have heard of people blowing a cylinder but that seems to happen with every sled sooner or later, but maybe others can chime in with more knowlegde about the 99 and if there are known problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also what size track lug will fit on this sled. Is 1 1/4 too big. Would I need to change the drive sprockets?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts