Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this may be normal or may need some mods but we got a dump of snow over the last couple of days. I was out playing today it runs fine in 5- 10 inches as soon as I get into deep powder it bogs down I really have to fight to keep it going. In the deeper stuff I have snow over the hood lands on the air intake I clean it off but no power in deep snow. And as soon as I hit hard pack it goes again.. what can I do sled is stock????:dunno: Come SEG where are you??

·
Registered
315 Posts
have you tried a new belt? have you pulled the plugs? to check the color and see if it is rich, or lean ? is this the first time you have used this machine? in your area? first time this year, possibly ? sounds like a possibly wrong jet or needle setting .

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you tried a new belt? have you pulled the plugs? to check the color and see if it is rich, or lean ? is this the first time you have used this machine? in your area? first time this year, possibly ? sounds like a possibly wrong jet or needle setting .
The needle setting was giving me issues awhile back. Bogging in high end. I moved the clip up and it was better. belt is good, anyone know what factory jetting should be.. I know the sled was geared down to pull hard for mountains. My top speed on hard pack is only 75 mph. RPM climbs to 8 k than falls off and it slowly climbs with increase in speed. I just cant figure out why it pulls hard in normal conditions and bogs in powder. Would it greatly affect the intake with the hood and such covered with snow. I think I will pull the carbs off and change jetting or atleast see what it is. As far as plugs go colour is a nice tan. You know come to think of it I did a hill climb today and it bogged down, not as much snow as on the flats. So I am going to say that it bogs under heavy load.. So what can cause this..

·
Registered
315 Posts
what elevation /temperature do you normally ride at ? if you moved the clip up and it was better that
tells us that it is lean/somewhat cause as you move the needle up , you richen it up .

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what elevation /temperature do you normally ride at ? if you moved the clip up and it was better that
tells us that it is lean/somewhat cause as you move the needle up , you richen it up .
Today was about - 15 C not sure what that is in Fehrenheit. elevation is 2200 feet. I am wondering if the fuel cock is partially plugged and can't keep up with the demand. Or is there a fuel filter somewhere..

·
Registered
315 Posts
according to the chart you should be running a 280 main jet on the pto (clutch side)
and a 250 main jet on the magneto side at -20c at 2200 feet above sea level with needle position in the third groove , a pilot jet of 60 in both and the air screw at 2.25
turns out from slightly snug . 270 (pto) and 240(mag) at -10c so you should be within this spec . hope that data helps you :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
according to the chart you should be running a 280 main jet on the pto (clutch side)
and a 250 main jet on the magneto side at -20c at 2200 feet above sea level with needle position in the third groove , a pilot jet of 60 in both and the air screw at 2.25
turns out from slightly snug . 270 (pto) and 240(mag) at -10c so you should be within this spec . hope that data helps you :)
Awsome I will play with it tomorrow and let you know. Wouldn't the dpm have an effect on alttitude. Just went and took a look under the hood and noticed my air intake sensor was unplugged don't know if that would affect it or not..I know in automotive it will. Also noticed my oil injector cable is very slow going back the lever is free so the cable is sticking. Another problem I have to fix..huuuuh

·
Registered
315 Posts
seems like there is always something :) hope that info helps ya !
this is my first rotax and i have only had it for a few weeks ,so i am not familiar
with the dpm yet . sorry cant help ya there . i do have a manual dowloaded, (thats
where i got the jetting info) though so i can help with some stuff. i am learning :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts