Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rebuilt the top end from a melting piston from what I thout was coused from over heating the season before, after about 2 hours of run time in half hour segments i had no compretion on 1 side so i tore it apart again to find out the same side burt up again but worse this time and came to the conclution that it was getting no oil to that side. so i checked out the pump and the oil injection ports and found what i think are cloged ports. Now i know that there are check valves in them to stop air from going back into the lime, my queston is if thats all thay are then shouldent you be able to blow though them from the oil side of the check valve. well i can't, also i can suck air from the other side but every time i do i can here a pop like the check valve was stuck but still cant blow air from the oil side. so to me it would seam that the oil ports are pluged. would this be the correct asumption.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Guys, Just for the hell of it I decided to try to clean them out and to my surprize it worked. I took a plastic soda bottle and cleaned really good then put some gas in it and dropped in the injector ports and left them in there for about an hour or two, mixing them up every ten minutes or so then took them out and sprayed some power lube through them, then compressed air, then power lube again. After that I dumped out the gas and put some machine oil in the bottle and dropped in the injectors, closed the bottle and left them for about 2 weeks. After that I took them out and tried to blow through them and with great mouth pressure was able to. I wasn't able to do that before so I guess I cleaned them out.:thumbsup: any comments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts