Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, i am new to this forum and just had a quick question regarding my 99 indy classic 500 liquid. i juts bought this sled yesterday and it seems to me that its does not idle where it should. is there an initial idle speed adjustment spec for it like 2 turns out or something like that or does anyone know what it should be. any help would be great. thanks all and have a great day.

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

A sled that has idled correctly in the past and now doesn't idle probably has clogged pilot jets or the air/fuel passages to the pilot jets are clogged. I would clean the carbs, paying particular attention to the pilot jet circuit.

Then the air jet should be set to 1 turn out, and the idle screw should be turned to give you the idle you want. There are some stickys in the engine/drivetrain portion of the forum that talk about carbs, you may want to check those out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
carb problem

ok i cleaned the carbs and set the idle to around 15-1600 rpm at temp. seems good no. little bog now and then but not nearly as bad as it was. thanks for all the replys. shawn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.