Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a problem that I have been trying to deal with for a while...

My 99 Formula III rides like crap. It bottoms out a lot, it darts, etc. I had in the shop last year and asked them to take a look at it for me and see if they could set it up properly. They came back and said that it has the wrong sized idler wheels on it. They said that they were probably switched when the machine was studded. I checked with the shop that did the studding and they said that they didn't touch the idler wheels.

I have not really tried to adjust the suspension at all, where do I start and is it a hard procedure? Could I have the wrong sized idler wheels and if so would it cause the issue I was explaining?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
13 Posts
tighten up your springs in the back (just a turn of usually a small plastic piece to the hardest setting) and the straps on the front of the rear suspension can be adjusted to help how your skis sit. i forget exactly how but your manual should say all that kind of stuff

·
Registered
275 Posts
By tightening the limiter strap on the front of the rear suspension it puts more pressure on the skis. As for bottoming out check the spring adjusters to see if they are on the lowest setting, if they are turn them up. If its the sc-10 you turn the spring tenstioners, i think thats the name, to the next higher setting. As for darting cause of the wheels, dont let them fool you. You dart due to incorrect ski spacing or bad ski-skins. The wheels, either stock or oversized, only determine how the track sits in comparison to the hyfax, meaning on it or slightly raised.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts