Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slightly modified sled and have switched from the 136 to a 144 in track and skid. I am looking for any helpful advice to gain additional horsepower. Clutching and further engine mods are on my list. I would like to get the best bang for my buck. Just started into sleds in the last two years so any advice is good advise.:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
THE CLUTCH!

Much power can be gained from the clutch. I would do a FULL weights, springs, helix switch.

Then, i would see what black magic has instore for you, or even better D&D Racing. My guess is www.DDracing.com has more for you, better products, than Black MAgic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1999 Arctic Cat Powder Special 700 LE

I have installed a set of Kick A$$ pods, have shaved down the weights in the primary from 53 grams to 50.5 grams with purple spring, 51 degree helix with yellow spring set in middle position in the secondary gearing is 19/40 with 70 pitch chain and I am runn the stock pilot jet with needles in middle position with 320 mains. D&D Stinger off a stock single pipe.

I am looking at installing a set of port and polished jugs and Jaws pipes. Has any one had any experience with the set up for the port and polished jugs with jaws pipes?

I was out in the mountains the other day and also find that my rear suspension is a little tight. Wants to launch me in the studder bumps. This is a 144" skid and track canibalized from a 2001 800 mountian cat. I am looking for any advise on suspension setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts