Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an offer on one with a bad motor (haven't asked if it's just top end or bottom also) and they only want $300 for it. This one would be for my uncle since he's looking for a sled but this seems like an awesome deal to me. Is it? Can someone give me a few more details on this sled? This EFI would be batteryless, correct?

·
Registered
26,123 Posts
Yes it would be bateryless. And I have a 98 ZR 600 and I love it! But find out alot more about the sled and or motor!

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do. I forwarded the email to my uncle to call on it so I'll know more when he lets me know what he found out.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
You'll have pull my 98 zr600 out of my dead hands! I love it! Ill give 300 for it if your uncle doesn't want it.

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got an email back from the guy and he said he never tore it down but is guessing the piston skirt cracked based on mileage. If that is the case, it probably has 5k+ miles and probably has a junk crankcase. For only $300, though...it might not be a terrible deal. I could probably get a motor for around $6-700? I could probably find a running sled that is similar for just a bit more than that.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I paid 700 for an engine for my cousins zl 600 last season. It had 3000 miles on it.

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know. I checked for what other sleds like this go for and they seem to go for $1800 or more. $1,000 and quite a bit of time wouldn't be too bad of a deal, but I'm not sure if my uncle will be able to or want to spend $700 on a motor and then have enough time to put it in.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Took me four hours to swap. Pretty straight forward. An evening should be all that's needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts