Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cannot for the life of me get the flywheel off. i have used and broke steering wheel/pully puller, machined my own puller, (copied design from nappas puller, just beefer) and if i use a snipe to tighten it more, it just breaks the bolt... i have tried a bit of heat, spray lube (all kinds i know of) i have let it sit for a night soaking (i tipped sled on the side and filled the little cavity with spray lube) im running out of ideas:confused:. anyone know of a trick that works?

·
Registered
25,344 Posts
I have used a piece of 3/8" steel that I drilled (used the recoil cage as a patern) and then 3 6mm hardened bolts! Tighten each a 1/4 turn at a time and tap on the center of the plate! Leave just the nut on flush with the end of shaft!

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
I have used a piece of 3/8" steel that I drilled (used the recoil cage as a patern) and then 3 6mm hardened bolts! Tighten each a 1/4 turn at a time and tap on the center of the plate! Leave just the nut on flush with the end of shaft!
thats a good idea. never thought of that.;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the tip. but after hours of messin around, i bit the bullet and bought one from snap on that has a 1/2inch bolt and with a 4 foot snipe. came flyin off!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts