Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently picked up this sled at an auction for $600. Had an electrical fire, as you could see from the pics. Choke and Throttle cables are damaged, as are the cables going to the console. Haven't tried to fire it up yet since it has been sitting for months and I want to replace any of the damage before giving it a go. Anything I should be careful about as I get this thing going?

Did do a compression test and both pistons are at 110.

Pics

Pics

Pics

Pics

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One other area that suffered some damage is the vent lines leading from the oil tank. Looks like they melted close to the top of the nosepan. Where do these go typically? Are they simply open lines to provide the necessary pressure to the oil tank?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what caused the fire would be my first issue.
yeah, I have been trying to figure that out. There is damage to the wire harness, the vent lines, choke cables, and throttle cables. There was also a substantial coolant leak from a break in the hose between the reservoir and the relief valve. It's hard to say where it started.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, finished fixing up this bad boy. Replaced quite a bit of wiring, throttle cables, choke cables, replaced the vent lines that had melted, gave the carbs a good cleaning, and replaced the sparkplugs. Took it out for a quick run around the yard and so far so good! Now just need to test it out on a longer run.

Thanks to all that provided answers to my questions on my various posts. It's my first sled and I'm excited to get out on the trails!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts