Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98' Formula Z 670 with 5500 miles, sled ran great then lost all power, no spark on the right cylinder. Plug really didn't look like it overheated but I am no expert. Replaced plugs and she ran great, but not long, the same thing happened after 5 miles. When I replace with new plugs it seems to run fine again. Is this an electrical problem, stator, or is it getting to hot and burning up the plug. Any help is appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Maybe the wire caps are loose... not making a good connection so it isn't sparking everytime. I would check that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
plugs were light brown, not white at all. I burn amsoil and have since day one with no problems. I checked plug wire caps they were on tight. Is it possible to burn a plug out because of excess heat and not have a white plug???
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top