Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good spark but no fuel. If I connect the fuel pump to 12 volts is fires and runs. I forgot to see if I had gauges and everything electrical but I had headlights. I originally thought stator but how would I even have lights?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, plenty of fuel. I replaced the stator. Thinking that was weak. I get 15 volts to the fuel pump when I pull it over. There are times where it runs great and then it slowly dies. Hooked up a fuel pressure Guage inline clutch side and running 12 volts direct to the pump I am getting 35-40 psi. At one point the sled was running good and I had about the same when revving high but not taking off. Now all I get is 20 psi and hardly runs and then dies.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No change, just dies. Would the half moon ignition sensor down by the stator have anything to do with it? It happens intermittently. People also talk about the ecu led light and I have looked all over and I don't have any led flashing any code on my ecu.

· Registered
27,907 Posts
Right
Thats what leads me to believe it is the regulator.
But clamping off the return should have increased the fuel pressure.
You may need a pump?
I replaced mine with one from Auto Zone
They were able to match up the numbers and had one in stock!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right
Thats what leads me to believe it is the regulator.
But clamping off the return should have increased the fuel pressure.
You may need a pump?
I replaced mine with one from Auto Zone
They were able to match up the numbers and had one in stock!
Just pulled the pump. There was only one filter. It goes straight down from the pump to a T. Then one side of the T is plugged and the other side has a hose 12-18" to a filter like I have seen in other posts. I assume the pump is not original and I'm not sure if the filter is. The filter is stamped Walbro and the pump is stamped Walbro AOUO90 10694-1 PAT NO 4500271. Do I just find a new smart valve pump and system complete or is it worth rigging it up. Do I really need this "smart valve" setup?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts