Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. Looking at these two sleds and can't make up my mind. Been around snowmobiles for 20 years but have absolutely no experience with either of these sleds. 99.99% of my riding time has been on Arctic Cat but this Yamaha has me interested.

Do mostly ditches, lakes, fields in MN. Two trips a year to WI to hit better trails and woods. Pull the kids around on a otter sled occasionally. Will be used for ice fishing occasionally.

I'm looking for a good trail sled but wouldn't mind a little extra power for sprinting across the lakes.

Thanks,

·
Registered
24 Posts
is that 700 a twin? if it is I would go with that cause of the short runs and babying it pulling the tube the 600 is a great trail sled and awsome laker but mine likes to bog down alittle bit when its not being driven hard but that mine, I kept up even with the 700 triple easily at 125 and we were even so if the 700 is a triple then I dont know how they are on low end riding the twin 700 which I owned one time tend to overheat too for some reason. good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I've been looking for awhile now and every time I think I have it narrowed down, I change my mind. If I wasn't so picky I'd have a sled by now.

The 700 is a triple. Went and looked at it. Didn't like it and guy wasn't sure he wanted to sell it now. Definitely wasn't going to negotiate. The ZRTs around here all seem to be a little beat up or have had issues with them. I definitely waited too long to buy a sled this year. Good ones are gone and all the prices seem to have gone up.

After running around this afternoon and not finding anything again, I think I'm going buy something a bit newer. Maybe F6 or F7. Now I have to go look at the competition for those sleds and start pricing stuff out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts