Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
smokes abnormally oiler is set right, brown and white smoke. smokes so much you cant stand next to it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
How do you know its set right? You may have to play with it a little, small adjustment then ride, and repeat. My ZR 600 was the same, need to play with it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Have you checked the plugs? are they black? also does it smoke right from the start or after warming up? When it's running is it spitting any oil out of the exhaust on to the snow under the sled?

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
plugs are black and fowled out, right from the start, rev it up smokes even more then fouls out and stalls. smells like 2 stroke. Ive been thinking possible antifreeze, but it seems more like oil, there is a black spot on the ground where exhaust comes out, I am wondering if there is additive in the gas or if its just old gas, also the y pipe is warped so the exhaust is leaking could the lack of back pressure be causing this?

·
Registered
26,127 Posts
Can you drive it enough to do a usage test? Fill oil and gas and then ride it. Mesure each and you want it to be a qt to 12.5 gal of fuel. Adjust cable to get real close.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would do a compression check. But it sounds like the auto oiler is out of adjustment. You can do as KC say's to get it close. Is your sled hard on Fuel? if it is then you are having the same issue i do right now where there is so much mixed fuel dumping into engine that it isn't burning it and only dumping it into the exhaust. Smokes and blows it all over. If this is what is going on then your pressure regulator is bad. I'm working with KC to get an adjustable one put on my sled as we speak.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately I had a surgery monday so I have not been able to ride, but it wont run right now anyway, put a new y pipe on today, but its so loaded up and Im in to much pain, double checked the oiler and the lock nut loosened up, adjusted back out again, maybe in a couple days she will dry out while Im still recooping, Ill let ya guys know

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys, I reset the oiler and changed plugs, unplugged fuel injectors and let her run, plugged back in and everything seems fine, of course now we have had a warm spell and raining right now, it will be a few weeks before I can ride

1 - 11 of 11 Posts