Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys 2 questions for ya. You may have saw my post "the new guy" well I'm back for 2 questions.

1st I was under the impression the 97' XC had the X-10 suspension. While out ridding this weekend I saw a couple 96-97 xcr's and noticed they have the X-10 sticker/stitching on the seat. Mine does not. Anyone know if the 97' XC (not XCR) had the x-10 suspension this year and what is the tell-tell sign of a x-10 set-up.

2nd the secondary clutch, hard to explain but on the round/domed part of the clutch it appears to have some markings in the aluminum. Would this be due to a bad mold during the casting or would this be signs of stress cracks forming. The markings are not deep, just surface abrasions, not smooth.

Thats it! :D Otherwise it is being very good to me. I love it. We have a trip planned for the second weekend in January for a bunch of us to head up to the U.P. I'll be one of the slowest, carefull guys, but I know my place and don't want to risk anyone elses fun for the weekend!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Question one solved. The 1997 Indy 600 (what it likes to be called...) Did come with the XTRA 10 suspension. Its brother the XCR advertised it as the X-10 on the seat covers. I guess the "racing" addition likes to show its flair! :D (Office Space, best movie ever!!)

Question 2 still stands. Maybe I'll take a pic and post it. The local dealer says it would just be from the casting, but I've heard some people grenading their clutches and doing some SERIOUS damage to sled & body. Can't be too safe!

·
Registered
125 Posts
That secondary looks like it's definately cracked!!! :eek: ALL OVER. Try polishing it with some scotch brite and most of those marks will virtually disappear. Next, spray some wd-40 on the area where the cracks used to be visible. Wait about ten seconds, If the marks seem to re-appear in the film left by the wd-40.......you got some definate cracks !!! ( the wd-40 will "soak" into the cracks. )( < - Kerosene works too ) Time for a new one. You don't want that thing to let loose running wide open across a field or lake. :(

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
JUDGING FROM THE PIC DONT WASTE YOUR TIME CLEANING IT UP,
SCRAP IT IT DEFINATLY LOOKS SHOT REPLACE IT. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND A GOOD USED ONE CHEAP GOOD LUCK!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts