Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been runnin a 97 powder special efi for a couple years now and ive got a problem with it i hope someone can help with.
First,,it started second pull every time, but once its been runnin for a while,, the only way to start it was to open the throttle wide open or else it floods right out.
Then it started to develop a bog in the higher rpms and the only way to clear it was to drop the throttle back to idle to get the engine to pick back up
I tried changing coils, plug caps and plugs and still the same problem till last night when i went and tried it out and it started to backfire and miss really bad. The efi module blinks twice every minute if that means anything,, but now it wont even run,,I'm not so sure its a stator problem cus all the electrical was working fine,, so im guessing its either the efi module or a sensor but does anyone have any experience with this problem?
thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
check stator

your stator has 10 coils and out of the 10 there are 2 removable ones that are easy to replace i just had that problem. the whole stator is worth around 800$ but you can buy a repair kit from these guys http://www.rmstator.com/en.htm and i got this link from the arctic cat dealer from kelowna and the repair kit are worth 275$$ 1 year warranty. i just got one from em and repaired it myself and it works great. make sure that you check hyour stator first big coil resistance is 400 ohms and the little one is 40 ohms (these are the two removable ones from the stator)

·
Registered
17 Posts
if its blinking you have an efi problem not a stator. that box only checks the efi system. call your dealer and ask what 2 blinks means and he should be able to get you parts. sounds like a temp sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts