Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, if any problems have come about with the 97 RMK 700. is this a good dependable sled, just looking for some input I have always had skidoos and yamahas, the few polaris I have been around have been tied to the back of my skidoo being pulled out of the mountains., I am not putting down Polaris's just my experiences. I would appreciate any responses and recomendations for upgrades. I don;t need the fastest sled, just a dependable fast sled.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I really think they are good. Like any sled, they need to be maintained. However, the enginge hasn't really changed till 2004 models. They are over built and bullet proof. I have see probs with people who try to mod them too much, i left mine stock mostly and have never ever had a problem, how ever i am anal so i take really good care of it. three years now and no complaints

dano

i think its good!!! :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is it the twin cylinder 700? If so the engine is bullet proof, they added power exhaust valves in 2002 to that engine and I've seen ALL brands get towed by ALL brands in my long career of sledding. I know we get brand loyal but all 4 of the BIG manuf. do a great job at keeping us in the trail. shane

1 - 3 of 3 Posts