Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 Panther I just bought used. Made mistake of not trying out hard. Goes fine in reverse but dogs in forward till you hit about 18mph then takes off and runs good. I changed the plugs and gas and its gradualy getting worse it takes forever to hit the power. I'm going to bring it in the shop next week and try cleaning the carbs but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there was anything else I should check or adjust,

Thanks in advance for your help. TL

·
Registered
26,128 Posts
Start with the carbs and pay attention to the pilot jets. I just posted on how to adjust the belt tightness! And sand down the sheves and blow them out real good!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well carbs are now clean as a whistle. Sled still doing same thing works fine in reverse but forward dogs like crazy. will go slow if you just touch the throttle but if you get it up a little higher its a no go. Keep playin it slow up to 18-20 mph then takes off and runs fine. Ideas?

·
Mad Snowshoveler
537 Posts
Check your chain case as well. Something may be hung up and chances are you should change your fluid in there as well.
Only other thing I can think of is the hyfax are cooked and snagging in forward but with the track reversing it is getting proper lubrication.
Both are easy enough to check, good luck man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts