Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at a 97 MXZ 583 with 1400 mi on it and I was wondering if it would be worth buying it for 1800 dollars? Also what kind of performance would I get and is it fan or liquid cooled?

·
Registered
20 Posts
you will get all kinds of performance with that bad boy, the 97 is a classic MXZ, looks great and rides great. very fast (will run with a 99 600 MXZ and you'll have NO PROBLEM taking out 96-99 600's or 580's from other brands) it is a liquid cooled motor and you will not be dissapointed. pulls hard. i'd take a serious look at it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 97 Grand Touring 583 motor is invincible. POWER! People think they can beat me. I just sit on a lake by my house and wait for races. People pull up and think they can beat me with their 600's cause it is a 2-up and just 583. Thier wrong i take them everytime they have studs and paddle tracks. I take them with just my long track no studs. I would get it for 1800 and only 1400 miles on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My brother runs a 94 Formula Z 583. Sled rocks. He can run with my FIII and gets 1.5 better MPG. The MXZ is the same engine in a 50 pounds lighter chassis. Buy!

·
Registered
15 Posts
i dont know i have heard sum bad tings about those 583 motors. also y did they just quit puttin them in their 98 sleds. i tink they only put it in like one or two

·
Registered
15 Posts
MSSpartin7616 said:
i dont know i have heard sum bad tings about those 583 motors. also y did they just quit puttin them in their 98 sleds. i tink they only put it in like one or two
The 583 isn't around anymore because the 600 Twin was introduced. I've got a Mach 1 583 and I love that engine. It does pull hard but the only problem with my sled is that there's a lot of air resistance hitting the hood. Here's a pic of me on it lifting the front end:

-Jed

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently baught a 94 articcat 440 couger with an extra wide stance and was wondering if it would be worth my wild to betray articcat and buy a 97 ski-doo mxz 583.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts