Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 3 years in the garage, figured it was time to dust off the little "Z", and the first thing out of my kids mouth " make it go faster!!"
Go figure,
Anyhow, got to looking at the throttle linkage, and it looks like it is possable to make a solid link between the actual throttle linkage and the lever to the carb.
Has anybody done anything like this, and any drawbacks to this.
Looking forward to getting back into the snow this year, looking at the new REV summit for me, and the kids can fight over the OLD and new "Z".
Thanks for any tips any of you can offer,
Smitty

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
smitty said:
Well, after 3 years in the garage, figured it was time to dust off the little "Z", and the first thing out of my kids mouth " make it go faster!!"
Go figure,
Anyhow, got to looking at the throttle linkage, and it looks like it is possable to make a solid link between the actual throttle linkage and the lever to the carb.
Has anybody done anything like this, and any drawbacks to this.
Looking forward to getting back into the snow this year, looking at the new REV summit for me, and the kids can fight over the OLD and new "Z".
Thanks for any tips any of you can offer,
Smitty
I don't really know much about the Mini Z other than its yellow and looks like a minature MXZ... but I was wondering what you have heard or anyone else has heard about the REV summit. I just don't know how well the REV body performs in the deep snow. I have heard the MXZ REV is a bad powder sled, but I don't know if thats just becuase of the snowflap (which gets snow caught up in it in heavy powder and bogs down the track) or if its just the chassis stance in general.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I don't know any facts, but I would choose a lower stance, lower profile for any powder sidehilling. I have also read an article in a magazine somewhere showing sled rider ergonomics and they say even though the ride and seating position for the REV may feel more comfortable the setup is harder on your knees due to the squating riding position (legs more underneath you than in front of you). These health issues may not seem important to some, but I'll tell ya, I've been having some major hip pain (probably more from beating the hell out of myself riding my quad) and with me being so stuborn I'm probably just going to avoid seeing the doctor until winter is over so he can't tell me not to ride. But shit can happen and the fun can end. Too bad I don't listen to my own talk about preventing health problems eh! But who knows, I could just be trying to find things to criticize about for fun on those skidoos!

About the Mini-Z, I would just try a little extra throttle adjustment at a time if your worried about it causing engine damage.Or I don't know if they make anything for this, but maybe the gearing can be changed on the chain drive. Oh hell!, just go with a nitrous kit! Ha Ha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. Only a little tinkering will get the job done!!
As for the NEW REV chassis, I really hope it's not uncomfortable to ride, if that is the case, I will find an older sled, maybe an '02/'03
SMitty

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
smitty said:
Thanks for the feedback. Only a little tinkering will get the job done!!
As for the NEW REV chassis, I really hope it's not uncomfortable to ride, if that is the case, I will find an older sled, maybe an '02/'03
SMitty
I think Jimmy did a good job on the REV ideas. I personally just don't think its the right setup for a mountain sled. My favorite mountain sled is either the 03 RMK or the 02 - 03 summits... those are "the" real mountain sleds on a mountain sled chassis.

·
Registered
33 Posts
A small zip tie can put on the governer spring to keep it from streching too much....this will raise the RPM....careful ..not too much......ha ha:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts