Snowmobile Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
sorry, that schematic was for a 121" skid.
this one is for a 136" skid.
136 xtra 10 skid mounting measurements

xtra 10 mount 136 track.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I finally was able to get the dimensions for my skid the front hole measured from flat on driveshaft is 11-5/8" to center measured down from tunnel the first hole is 5-1/8 the rear hole is 5" down and I have 27-1/8 center to center

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
1" ice attack if you go that route has studs built in. 1 1/4 might be too tall and rip into things I know the max I can go with studs on my '97 because of the cooler is 1" studs on a .91 track or a 1" Ice Attack Track. Also find a fox shock for an Xtra-10 they are much better then stock or aftermarket oil shocks. Plus they are rebuildable. Can pick one up for around 50-100 bucks plus 40 bucks for the rebuild. And they can be setup for your weight and valving usually. Don't forget the front rear shock on the suspension as well. Those need to be replaced now and then. They don't take the abuse the rear rear shock does but with it that old I would do it. eBay is a great way to find Fox Shocks on the cheap.
Coolhand would you happen to know what part number for the fox shock for front of skid on my sled? Having a hard time cross referencing from my stock one the part number is 7041743 for the oem one
Thanks

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

That is the one you want for the front rear. eBay is going to be your place to go or swap meets for Fox Shocks anymore from that era.

For the Rear Rear you want one like this, that measures around 14.5" to 15" roughly

This one should work as well as it is brand new but I would still get it rebuilt. The Rear Rear shocks used from '93 to '99 or so on the Rear Rear were the same for the Xtra-10 and the XC-8 or XC-10 or w/e they called it. I used a Xtra-10 Fox Shock on my '93 Indy 440 without a problem. Send this guy a message and ask him to verify that from eyelet to eyelet it is around 14.5" to 15" before buying. If so it will bolt right on up the Rear Rear.

or the newer version of it is this which I have one also sitting to be rebuilt. This was the upgraded Fox Shock for the Xtra-10, and TBH idk if there is a difference inside or not. You would have to contact a Polaris dealer to find out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Coolhand
Thank you for all the great info I didn't no I could use shocks from different models that makes it much easier I'll just make sure the lengths are correct now that I know

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Steepndeep
Thank you for that info I was surprised how how many different machines over the years used the same parts lucky for me because I ran into a slight problem while removing idler wheels the front torque arm shaft was seized along with spacers I was able to heat it up good and beat it out and have NOS spacers and shaft on it's way not sure why they didn't design it with a grease fitting but I'm definitely will be using never seize on it
All the bearings are being replaced as well and I made a make shift press that I hope will work i just don't like the idea of pounding on the new bearings and possibly damaging them

This is my homemade press this and a bottle jack and the right size socket I'm hoping it will work

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts