Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to this forum. But I recently got a 97 formula 3 600 triple and its that time of year.. you know maintenance time. Just looking for advice or even directions on removing and tuning the carbs..
Thanks

·
Registered
27,165 Posts
Welcome
Buddy had that ride!
Cleaning the carbs is the biggest thing every Preseason.
As for summer prep greasing the skid is important.
Everyone else will be chiming in soon!
Slow time here

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Yep, grease the skid, if storing in a place where there might be critters, put some steel wool up the exhaust pipe or another way to plug it. If outside, put on wood like a pallet and cover to keep the sun from fading things.

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts
I'm assuming it has Mikuni round slides.. those carbs are pretty simple and usually do not require any parts to disassemble for cleaning. Do one at a time so as to not mix up things. To get them off, remove the choke plunger (be careful, it can fall off, and will end up under the center of the engine where no one alive can get to it) then unscrew the top of the carb and pull the slide upwards. Note the location of the notch on the slide and the small protrusion in the carb body that it engages. If something doesn't go back together easy, something is not right.

When you get the carb out, remove the float bowl. That will allow access to the float and the inlet needle/seat, as well as the pilot jet and main jet. Remove the air screw, pilot jet, and main jet and make sure all the passages leading to them are spotless. There are a few write ups on here that can guide you as well as videos on youtube.

Like KC said, it's a yearly ritual to remove and clean them. Sitting over the off season is hard on carbs, which makes it important.

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts