Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as I'm sure most of you can see i have an arctic cat, its only got 2k miles and has been kept in storage and such... but I noticed the other day it was misfiring horribley; and I couldnt understand what the problem was, went checked the electrical on the coils and sure enough the connector on the wire was broke and arking to ground... after fixing this it ran greatt... but just 2 days later (today) i was out riding it and for some reason theres no hard pull out of the hole (before if you nailed it the track would spit **** everywhere, now it wont do that until about 20mph), then all the sudden it pulls hard as **** ( like it should) and then about 50 its like the engine is loosing power, no matter how much gas you give it (variable or not) it just wont go..... wtf is wrong here guys?

btw... sorry if this is sloppy :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just put new NGK plugs in a week ago thinking that was causing the misfire, but now this bogging problem?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whats a REED valve? it just wont go any fast then about 50... doesnt make any sense

·
Registered
4 Posts
The reed cages are located between the carb boots and engine.
they have reed petals that open and close to control fuel intake.
You can check them,push the air intake boots back,put your finger under each slid and raise the slide,if there is no rpm change
thats where to start with diagnoisis.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check your plugs and see if they have any oil on them! Does it smoke at all. My friends sled did the same thing and his oiler setting was to high and it was flooding his cylinders. He has a 800 and was only getting 65 mph top seed until it got fixed!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it has been running a little rich, i didnt think nothing of that...

just curious how much would a new reed cost if i blew one out?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
weather pattern's are really weird right now, its warm outside and all the snow has basically melted, so I havent had time to get it out and drive it.

younger brother was driving it after It started acting up (which i didnt know about) he said the sled was acting fine, but I'm sure he wouldnt know what I mean. also i forgot to mention I put 94 sunoco gas along with that 107 octane booster for a little pep... im not sure if thats what it acted weird for me and not my brother...ill just have to wait and find out

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
guess its suposely the Bushings on the Clutch.... how much and how hard are these to change?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts