Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sled was running fine. However rear shock needed to be replaced. Did as manual stated and put on side for removal and replacement of skid frame.
Was all back together and wanted to align track, so went to start it and no go. It will not start. There is spark. Tried with starting fluid down plug holes, and still no start. Almost fired twice but no go.
My starter hardly ever works (that's another problem-always gets dust/dirt and does not operate correctly) and i pulled so many times w/ piss and vinegar that i snapped the starter rope.....

Need help so that when i fix the blasted rope, i will be able to get it going...in time to put it away for summer =(

Thanks....
mike in northern mn...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Seems that when you tipped it over, fuel might have sloshed into the motor. Are the plugs wet? Don't use ether. It dries out the cylinder walls removing the protective layer of oil. Maybe a float is sticking? Tap the float bowls lightly to makes sure they are not hung up. Pull the plugs out and crank the motor over several times and them clean the plugs up if needed and put them back in. You may have to do this a couple times to get the fuel out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A Friend of minr had a '94 580 EFI and had a similar problem. It sounds like yo may have leaked fuel past your injectors and into the base. Shut off the gas, disconnect you battery (if it's not batteryless efi) remove your plugs and pull her over until your arm is tired then do it some more! If you have time leave the plugs out for a couple of days. This worked out for my buddy. Good Luck !

·
Registered
1 Posts
94 arctic cat efi

Can anyone explain why My plugs get fouled out after riding for about 2 hours or so, The ecu has a code that says the TPS might be bad could that cause the plugs to foul due to it getting to much fuel. Please let me know its a great sled in great condition for the year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts